tisdag 8 april 2014

Big Game Begins!


Introduction

Last week Big game project began, Im working as a artist on a project created by Jonatan Keil.
My part in the group which we named Freshly Squeezed is for the moment to create props and animate the main character.

We are using Unity to create the game.

Last Week


My work last week revolved around creating props, I was tasked with creating two different trees, this seemed like a quite simple task. I was wrong it took me the whole week to get the trees to look the way I wanted, other than the actual design off the trees alot of tecnical difficulites came about.

The most anoying off all was how too get alphas to work in Unity, when creating lush looking trees the most efficent way of doing that is too use alphas, when using alphas you take the texture you want and paint everything you want to be seen in white and the rest in black. This seemed simple, but once i imported the branches into unity the alphas only showed on one side of the plane, which made it so if you looked at it from any other angle it turned invisible.

To solve this problem I first created a cube and removed all planes except one, then added the material for the branch onto it, I then made a copy off and attached the two sides and then weld them together.

This solved the problem off the plane turning invsible, but it made the model more expensive.

Here's the result of last week.



    
   

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar