söndag 20 oktober 2013

Introduction/What happened this week

I totally forgot to introduce myself in my first post, but better late then never.
My name is Simon i'm a second year student at Uppsala university Campus Gotland, I study game design and graphics.

During the week we kept on working on our board game, we made a new board for the game which I forgot to take a picture of but it looks better than the first on trust me.
We keept the movement system but made it so that you will move further so the players will get to the action faster, which the two groups that tested our game enjoyed more than the slower paced game.

We also tried out two games, the first on was a game where you had to place move and turn gears in order to get to the other side, I really liked the idé but it took some time to understand how all the gears would move when you turned one of them because unfortunately the gears didn't work, but other that that I had fun with it.

The second game we played had you play as a rat, the goal of the game was to move a cross a board and find a cheese that was hidden, you started with 5 cards on your hand if i remember correctly, the cards where ordinary playing cards, you then placed a card and you got to move the same amount of steps, of you managed not to run into any walls you could play another card.
When a player found the cheese he/she had to get back to the start location, and at the same time trying to avoid the other players.

I had fun with this game as well, the most intresting part of the game was the movement system, it made it so that you had to plan your move carfully when you wanted to get somewhere or catch a player who had the cheese.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar